Other Resources

Other Home Repair Resources

Not eligible? If your project is not eligible for our Programs, please refer to these 'Other Resources':

The following is a list of types of home repair resources followed by an agency that provides assistance for that type of home repair.  Most of them serve only owner-occupied housing (not rental) except for the first one listed, which serves both.

  • Children Under the Age of 6 in Cerro Gordo County In Rental or Owner-Occupied Housing With Targeted Home Repairs That Reduce Lead Paint Exposure - The program focuses on lead paint-containing surfaces which can include replacement of windows, replacement of siding, painting, etc.  For more information:  CG County Lead Program
  • Cerro Gordo County Healthy Homes Program - Assistance is available to families in Cerro Gordo County with a household member 62 years or older who meet the income guidelines.  The program focuses on Radon testing and mitigation, general home repairs, electrical repairs and plumbing repairs.  For more information:  CG County Healthy Homes 
  • General Home Repair for homes not located in Mason City - USDA Rural Development - Home Repair & Handicapped Accessibility - For homes in Cerro Gordo, Floyd, Franklin, Mitchell or Worth County, contact 641-648-5181 ext. 4. For homes in Hancock, Kossuth or Winnebago County, contact 515-332-4411 ext. 4.
  • Emergency Home Repair (very limited) - Senior Citizens & Disabled -Elderbridge Agency on Aging - 641-424-0678
curve graphic